Laser Hair Removal
Painless Hair Removal in Roseville & Sacramento Area
Doctor performs the evaluation and may perform the procedure upon request
Dr Ray, Elite Medical Aesthetics
Safe Hair Removal in Rocklin & Sacramento Area
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
At Elite Medical Aesthetics, Dr Ray is directly involved in laser hair removal treatments. Upon request he may perform the procedure too. As a result, he customize proper laser setting for each individual. While it is effective and you would see the results yet you would have minimal pain and discomfort.
For Laser Hair Removal, Dr Ray recommends to schedule a consultation for determining what treatment is the best option for you. At Elite Medical Aesthetics, Rocklin, our treatments are goal oriented. Dr Ray would want to make sure you achieve your goals for any aesthetic treatment including Laser Hair Removal.
Expect the Best Natural Results
Laser Hair Removal
*Individual results may vary.
Fast, effective hair laser removal at Elite Medical Aesthetics. Painless and safe hair removal treatment.
Get ready for Absolutely Hair Free.
Palomar is a reliable brand in IPL for hair removal. With advanced technology, a whole leg can be done within 20 minutes.
Laser Hair Removal at Elite Medical Aesthetics
At Elite Medical Aesthetics, we offer complimentary consultation. The consultation gives Dr Ray the opportunity to get to know you and understand your needs as a patient. Dr Ray then discusses your options and you can choose the best services for your skin and your look.
There are certain physical characteristics that make some people better candidates for laser hair removal than others. Your skin tone and hair color would be important factors and through consultation, we find out if laser hair removal would work for you. No need to spend your time and money if this is not working for you.
*Individual results may vary.
What you need to know before Laser Hair Removal Treatment:
Laser Hair Removal Consultation is mandatory. Dr Ray is result oriented and would like to make sure you achieve the best results
Some important safety pre-treatment precautions: You must avoid skin tanning and direct sun exposure to your skin.
Full Spectrum medical grade Sun Block which contain Zinc and Titanium Dioxide applied 2-3 times a day for treatment area four weeks prior. Ask us for details of a reliable sun block product. (Contact us)
Pre Treatment Information
If it is your FIRST treatment, leave about three days hair growth in the area being treated, so we can take photographs to document the success of your treatments, and to record hair density. You may shave the area being treated before your scheduled appointment time if it is your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., treatment.
- No Accutane use for 6 months.
- Shaving,is to be done prior to treatment.
- For under arms,Do NOT use any anti-perspirants or deodorants on the day of the appointment.
- On the dayof the appointment try to avoid any perfumes, or body lotions on the area to be treated.
- Avoidsun exposure on the treatment area for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This includes tanning beds. Treatments cannot be done on areas with a sun tan or sun burn.
- Do not wax, thread, tweeze or undergo electrolysis in the areas for 6 weeks prior to laser hair removal
- Discontinueuse of any prescription strength or aggressive skin care products one week prior to treatments.
- Lasertreatments cannot be performed on patients who have been using Accutane for at least 6 months once stopped.
- Wear loose fitting,
- For comfort and pain relief, you may take regular strength Tylenol At Elite Medical you may request anesthetic cream prior to laser treatment*
Post Treatment Care
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected for up to 3 days and will resolve by itself.
- Apply ice or gel packs to the treatment area for 15 minutes every hour for the next few hours, as needed. May take 1-2 tablets of Tylenol or Ibuprofen if needed
Until redness has resolved, it is recommended to avoid the following:
- Do not apply cosmetics until the redness is resolved.
- Exercises and Activities that cause excessive perspiration.
- No Tanning or Tanning Booths/Beds allowed 4 weeks before or after treatment
- Avoid swimming for 2-3 days.
- Hot Tub and Jacuzzies for a week
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas.
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature-sensitive.
- Hair growth will continue for a months or so. This is not new hair growth,
- Hairs that were in the resting phase (Telogen) at the time of treatment may enter the active growing phase (Anagen) in 1-6 months, depending on the body area.
- Do Not pick or pull at scabs as scarring may occur.
Contraindications for Laser hair Removal
- Sun exposure and/or artificial tanning during the last four (4) weeks
- Accutane or any related acne medication you have to be off Accutane, for a minimum of 6 months prior to undergoing any laser treatment – there are no exceptions.
- History of bleeding problems with blood coagulation and use of anticoagulants will lead to skin bruising.
- Active Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
- Keloid scarring if you have a history of abnormal scarring you should avoid any laser treatments.
- Pregnancy women thinking of getting pregnant, being pregnant or nursing Medical problems you will not be able to receive any laser treatments if you are experiencing any major uncontrolled health problem.
- Cancer, Moles & Unusual Skin Lesions you need to be in remission for at least five (5) years before undergoing any laser treatments. Skin cancer and suspicious lesions should not undergo any laser treatments.
- Epilepsy light based treatments may trigger an epileptic attack.
- Fragile or dry skin
- Any active inflammatory skin conditions. eczema, infection, rash or any type of dermatitis at the treatment site
- Vitiligo (hypo-pigmentation) or hyper-pigmentation or Melasma
- Ablative laser skin resurfacingyou must wait a minimum of three (3) months before you can undergo any other laser treatments.
- Skin Type IV – VI Laser hair removal would not work well and therefore is not advised
- Menstruation will make your skin more sensitive, so the treatments may be a bit more painful during this period of time
- Microdermabrasions & Peels must be performed two (2) weeks before and two (2) weeks after each photorejuvenation treatment.
- Topical Retinoid, AHA creams, Salycilic Acid, Benzyl Peroxide must be discontinued seven (7) days prior to any skin rejuvenation treatment.
- Waxing, plucking, ‘sugaring’ must be discontinued 6 weeks prior to hair removal treatment.
- Diabetes unstable diabetes patients should never be treated as they will have problems with healing..
- Lupus or other diseases which may be stimulated by light.
- Hormonal disorders hair removal or treatment of melasma may reduce treatment effectiveness
- Photosensitive medications and herbs can cause skin burning and scarring.
Ready to get started?
Ready to learn more about the procedure and find out if you are a good candidate? Call 916 500-2474 to schedule a consultation with Dr Ray at Elite Medical Aesthetics, Rocklin or fill out the request for consultation form.
What People Think About Us
Kathy: “Perfectionist And Professional”
Love this place! I have read that some people have been taken back by the fact that Dr. Ray’s office is in a home converted into a business but if you ask me, it makes a potentially stressful appointment much more relaxed and welcoming. It’s also located minutes off of I-80 making it easy to get to. The staff is wonderful–energetic, positive and easy to talk to. (Just love Mindy!)
I have had Botox treatments and a filler done for smoker’s lines above my upper lip (although I’ve never smoked!) at other clinics in the past and although the results were good, I’ve never had better results than with Dr. Ray.
I’ve been to their office numerous times now and won’t go anywhere else. The staff makes things as comfortable as possible and Dr. Ray is a perfectionist and professional which is what you want when someone’s bringing a needle filled with medications to your face! With Elite, I’ve had Botox treatments as well as facial fillers for the cheek and above the upper lip area and couldn’t be more pleased with how it’s turned out. Again, I have gone to other places but none have been board certified physicians, and now I see why this was a mistake. Try Elite if you’re looking for any services that they offer. Let them know exactly what you want and you won’t be disappointed! Rocklin, September 29, 2016
Stephanie: “Thank You Dr. Ray”
I am 48 years old and approximately one week out from my first visit with Dr. Ray. Unfortunately I didn’t listen to ANYONE that told me to stay out of the sun, even being in the medical field and working for a very well known Dermatologist. Well it caught up with me and all I have to say is don’t wait until it’s too late to start restoring your skin. You can get it back and Dr. Ray is the specialist in this area!
I never thought it was possible to erase all those years of sun damage and I thought it was only a down hill road to aging that I was left to regret unless I won the lottery and was able to get facelift someday….(btw not sure I would go that extreme) Ladies I am not rich by any means but I made a promise to myself this year and decided to take care of my skin. Dr. Ray designed a skin care plan specifically for my face and my budget. I am now after one week seeing an amazing glow of fresh skin I haven’t seen since my twenties. I am in absolute shock how FANTASTIC my skin looks!!! I have tried every cream, mask & facial known to man…(admit it…you have too!) I have FINALLY found the fountain of youth at Dr. Ray’s office!!! I can’t forget to mention how amazing his entire staff is! I will never go anywhere else and will never look my age again….. Thank Goodness & Thank you Dr. Ray! Stephanie D: October 6, 2016
Cara: “Thoughtful, Caring & Attentive”.
Dr. Ray is wonderful! He is thoughtful, caring and attentive to the concerns of his patients. He and his staff ensures that you are their top priority when you are in the office. His approach to aesthetics medicine is one of collaboration. The results are never overdone but look very natural. I won’t trust anyone else but Dr. Ray for my aesthetic needs. Grass Valley August 2016