What you need to know before Laser Hair Removal Treatment:
Laser Hair Removal Consultation is necessary. Dr Ray is result oriented and would like to make sure you achieve the best results
Some important safety pre-treatment precautions: You must avoid skin tanning and direct sun exposure to your skin.
Full Spectrum medical grade Sun Block which contain Zinc and Titanium Dioxide applied 2-3 times a day for treatment area four weeks prior. Ask us for details of a reliable sun block product. (Contact us)
Pre Treatment Information
If it is your FIRST treatment, leave about three days hair growth in the area being treated, so we can take photographs to document the success of your treatments, and to record hair density. You may shave the area being treated before your scheduled appointment time if it is your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., treatment.
- No Accutane use for 6 months.
- Shaving,is to be done prior to treatment.
- For under arms,Do NOT use any anti-perspirants or deodorants on the day of the appointment.
- On the dayof the appointment try to avoid any perfumes, or body lotions on the area to be treated.
- Avoidsun exposure on the treatment area for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This includes tanning beds. Treatments cannot be done on areas with a sun tan or sun burn.
- Do not wax, thread, tweeze or undergo electrolysis in the areas for 6 weeks prior to laser hair removal
- Discontinueuse of any prescription strength or aggressive skin care products one week prior to treatments.
- Lasertreatments cannot be performed on patients who have been using Accutane for at least 6 months once stopped.
- Wear loose fitting,
- For comfort and pain relief, you may take regular strength Tylenol At Elite Medical you may request anesthetic cream prior to laser treatment*
Post Treatment Care
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected for up to 3 days and will resolve by itself.
- Apply ice or gel packs to the treatment area for 15 minutes every hour for the next few hours, as needed. May take 1-2 tablets of Tylenol or Ibuprofen if needed
Until redness has resolved, it is recommended to avoid the following:
- Do not apply cosmetics until the redness is resolved.
- Exercises and Activities that cause excessive perspiration.
- No Tanning or Tanning Booths/Beds allowed 4 weeks before or after treatment
- Avoid swimming for 2-3 days.
- Hot Tub and Jacuzzies for a week
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas.
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature-sensitive.
- Hair growth will continue for a months or so. This is not new hair growth,
- Hairs that were in the resting phase (Telogen) at the time of treatment may enter the active growing phase (Anagen) in 1-6 months, depending on the body area.
- Do Not pick or pull at scabs as scarring may occur.